- Now, it was suggested that Mr X's alleged subnormality did not seem consistent with a lifestyle that involved successful gambling in London clubs at a complicated card game called Kalooki, savings of 30 000, and familiarity not just with English and French but with Hebrew and Arabic as well.
- Around his neck is a gold, Sphinx-head pendant and on his right hand a ring in the shape of the Arabic crescent moon and star.
- In the Sudan, apart from the increased extent of sand dunes along the Nile, El-Karouri (1986) reports a decline in sorghum production, a staple food, from in 1961 to in 1973 in the Kardofan region as well as similar declines in maize and millet productivity and a reduction in gum arabic production due to the exploitation of Acacia senegal for fuel and clearance.
- Far easier, as they are normally written in either European, or more probably Arabic numerals (which are read from right to left), and conform to one of three calendar systems.
- The proposed system works the same way as summer E grades, with a Roman numeral (I-X etc) encompassing the overall difficulty of the route including seriousness, protection, sustainedness and length, and an Arabic numeral (1-;10 etc) to reflect the technical difficulty of the hardest pitch or crux sequence.
- He was later to become owner of a Beirut company that dubbed educational films and translated technical books into Arabic.
- In Persian uses of Arabic script, for instance, words are distinguished from each other by the forms the letter takes at the beginning, middle or end of a word but there are no particular conventions for indicating where a sentence begins and ends.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Indeed, it was the Moors who gave him the title by which he is best known, a contraction of the Arabic sid-y , meaning "my lord".
- In the law courts, the French language was given equal precedence with Arabic.
- He says that he learned most of his Arabic in prison.
- He wrote his prose poems originally in Arabic and they have now been translated into more than 20 other languages.
- ("Fluent in English, French, Turkish and Arabic, the President has represented his country in the United Nations.
LMBomber - программа для запоминания иностранных слов