- The docks site is not the only one to reveal a rich fund of archeological finds.
- We are pleased to include details of the programme of our sister society, the South West Shropshire Historical and Archeological Society (SWSHAS).
- You pay a small fee for board and lodging, and then find yourself doing things as varied as archeological digs in the West Country or maintaining the duckeries at Leeds Castle.
- DAVID MILES/Oxford Archeological Unit
- From the Charter Year celebratons it was clear that there was much interest in local history/archeology and this culminated in the formation of the South West Shropshire Historical and Archeological Association (S.W.S.H.A.S.) in 1988.
- The South-West Shropshire Historical and Archeological Society is already doing a good job in recording the history of the area, especially that which is in living memory, or only one or two generations removed.
- An archeological dig.
- PAUL BOOTH Oxford Archeological Unit
- Captain Humphreys' company Marine Archeological Recovery Ltd has retrieved items from June 1988 onwards and has been consigning items for sale at auction since that date.
- S.W. SHROPSHIRE HISTORICAL AND ARCHEOLOGICAL SOCIETY
- The event was staged jointly by the South-West Shropshire Historical Archeological Society (SWSHAS) and the Bishop's Castle Railway Society.
- The 1400-feet of sausage casing needed for the project were donated to the owners of the documents the Yorkshire Archeological Society (YAS) by a Scottish sausage skin manufacturer.