- "Mmmm" said Georgie archly.
- From their balconies, the Christian Lebanese threw rose water and rice at the Syrians, a phenomenon which we journalists archly described as "a traditional Arab greeting".
- The waiter, when he came, archly avoided looking at Masha.
- "Well, my conscious is clear," Miss Pinkney said archly.
- Yet hefty chunks of dialogue are obviously - and rather archly - staged.
- Every feminist critic has encountered the archly disingenuous question: "What exactly is feminist criticism?"
- "Guess what?" she said archly.
- "Didn't you notice?" he smiled archly.
- Directed by Val May, this archly absorbing escapade also features Deborah Watling (Emma Kent), and Rowland Davies as the police inspector with an eye for apprehension.
- His father looked at Madeleine archly.
- "I'm young," she said archly.
- She smiled archly.
- "We had noticed!" said Elinor archly and, shaking out her black hair behind her, she placed the toothbrush, emphatically, in the plastic cup and marched out of the bathroom.