- The deserts of the world which comprise this empty quarter demonstrate a sensitivity to human impact but one which is not easily separated from the effects of fluctuations in climate, as studies of arroyo development have clearly shown (Cooke and Reeves, 1976).
- The lower part of the centre was backed with red felt to represent the colour of the shako pom-pom of the captured French regiment at Arroyo dos Molinos.
- This was encircled by a band inscribed: Arroyo Dos Molinos 1811 after the battle in which the French regiment was captured.
- Ten paintings and four drawings by Mir himself, fifty masters of different generations and styles including Picasso, Antoni Clave, Tapies, Eduardo Arroyo, Antonio Saura, Luis Gordillo and Equipo Crnica.
- I detest the painters: Antonio Lopez, who sincerely believes that "all a painter can demand is that his work be exhibited with dignity"; Luis Gordillo, who has condemned the blandishing to tourism of the previous presentation of "Guernica"; Eduardo Arroyo, who confuses the vulgarity of Madrid's status as cultural capital with the praiseworthiness of a perverse act; Jos Mara Sicilia who has mistaken "Guernica" for a prostitute, maintaining that "if one accepts a gift one must fulfil the conditions it implies"; and lastly, Antoni Tpies, father of so many aberrations, for whom the transferral of "Guernica" is as if, "finally, contemporary art had a father-figure".