- Chop the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl with the artichoke hearts, tomatoes and peas.
- Delicate portions of Rolled Plaice With Smoked Salmon make a marvellous main course, served with a peppery Light Leek Sauce and accompanied by Crisp Vegetable Bake (centre) and a dish of cauliflower with artichoke hearts and black olives (front)
- And the stuffed artichoke hearts.
- Stir the chicken, parsley, carrot, artichoke hearts, pepper and onion into the couscous.
- Steam the cauliflower with artichoke hearts, if using, then stir in the black olives just before serving.
- As she crossed the street towards the far corner by the church entrance, the young woman was careful to step over the littering of prawn shells and orange peel, fish tails and broken heads of artichoke that had accumulated in the numerous depressions afforded by the badly laid cobbles.
- There is something of the artichoke in their irregularity, something of the pork sausage in their shape and colour.
- 1 14oz (397g) can artichoke hearts, drained.
- For more interesting instant salad bases, keep cans of sweet red peppers and artichoke hearts (see recipe for Mediterranean Salad), broad, flageolet or canellini beans.
- This means that you can follow a delicate vegetable terrine with a composed salad, or artichoke vinaigrette with a bowl of mussels.
- Even those tiny little protein-packed escargots or that leafy garden-of-Eden innocent asparagus or artichoke can be calorie-packed because of the luscious lure of all that horrifically high-calorie butter.
- 450g/1lb cold boiled potatoes 400g/1lb can artichoke hearts, drained and halved 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped 125g/4oz cooked peas 125ml/5fl oz/ cup mayonnaise 125ml/5fl oz/ cup natural yogurt 2 15ml/tbsp capers salt and pepper
- She had thrown the artichoke leaves into a bucket and turned to slap and stir the milk again.