артефакт ; остатки материальной культуры древнего человечества; предмет материальной культуры
- The artifact, thus, functions merely as an external signifier for which in the collective consciousness there is a corresponding signification
- The wooden sailing ship was par excellence the artifact which made the expansion of Western civilization possible and thus, more than any other device, was responsible for our present condition.
- There's a game called Ghouls "N" Ghosts on US Gold's Kixx label - is this the artifact you seek?
- A new literacy and cheap newsprint spawned the monster newspapers which were the first cultural artifact of mass society.
- Originally I tried to label each unwanted artifact and thought and send them off again through stage left.
- William IV died shortly afterwards and it has been written that, a search being instituted, it was found that that bluff and breezy monarch had been using this unique ancient artifact as a shaving mug!
- They are powerful if unreliable weapons, and each one is a valuable artifact, encrusted with baroque decoration and intricate designs.
- Most fell in line with the view that The Smiths would one day produce the perfect artifact and that "Meat Is Murder" was most definitely a step in the right direction.
- Backed with "Handsome Devil", it proved the perfect artifact to display the succinct yet overall perception of just what this strange new band was all about.
- A CENTENARIAN'S recollection of a long past event makes it immediate and gives a human perspective not matched by any written account, or artifact.
- THE DEPOLITICIZATION OF THE PRESS: EVOLUTIONARY CHANGE OR STATISTICAL ARTIFACT?
- (often labelled "aesthetic object") given by what is common to subjective states of mind aroused in individuals of any particular community by the artifact.
- The last lines quoted, which are also the last lines of the Canto, reveal this clearly for those who know The Cantos : the paradoxical coupling of the fluid (the waves) with the fixed (the crystal) is what Pound regularly sees as the essence of the authentic artifact.