топор ; колун ; секира ; казнь ; сокращение ассигнований; сокращение бюджета;
работать топором; урезывать; сокращать; выгонять; просить; попросить; запросить; осведомляться; спрашивать; требовать; приглашать; хотеть видеть
- Down goes the axe.
- Let make an axe for the nones,
- Pentagon could axe electronic warfare system.
- Retiring NCS chairman Sir Martin Wood said that it had "no axe to grind about the past - nobody knew how promising high temperature superconductivity would become.
- We know, from representations of Egyptian axes on wall paintings, that initially the same type of axe was used as both tool and weapon.
- As for running lines, the axe fell principally on two categories of "freight only" railway: through lines where an adequate diversionary route existed; and branch lines which carried only small quantities of wagonload traffic.
- I've barely had time to wipe the blood off my axe after my last battle and it's already time to hack my way through the next trail!
- The name Mad Axe is about as inappropriate as anyone could imagine.
- "We took the axe to the cold rock face of socialism and we hewed out the secret for which generations had searched in vain - private wealth and public welfare growing together."
- Measurements taken from such a drawing allow a computer to compare axe shapes, and so also draw smooth and accurate reconstructions.
- The sapling trees had grown tall in the twenty-five years since the Beeching axe had fallen on the single railway track, and, even leafless as they were, they effectively screened the view from the top.
- Standing in front, was a knee-high block with a large sharp axe lying across it.
- By the wings of Draconius, when I've sharpened my axe you'll suffer the same fate as Whiplash!