- A second-hand tractor front axle would have cost a lot more.
- A second-hand ZF tractor axle would have been ideal, were it not for the likely 12,000 price-tag and the fact that they're hard to get hold of.
- Wet brakes are always within an axle; dry brakes may be internal or external.
- The "central arm" feature of the rear suspension describes the function of the front longitudinal arm mount as the central point or "pole" of the axle.
- Replacing a Range Rover's ball joint which joins rear axle to A frame
- There are no breathers on the swivels but the axle breather must be clear.
- The front axle came from a one - year-old burnt-out JCB digger and cost Mr Tomlinson 500.
- The Carrera 4 still has its engine sited behind the back axle, VW Beetle-style, in no man's land where no self-respecting car designer would ever site the engine of a truly new car.
- Later, for the 20 and 30, the motor was moved ahead of the front axle.
- Wheelbase is the horizontal distance between front and rear axle centres.
- The next hurdle was finding a front axle.
- I wonder if you could tell me who could supply parts for the output differential to the second rear axle.
- If the problem re-occurs then the seal between the axle and the swivel housing is faulty and allowing oil to pass from the axle into the swivel housing and then into the brakes.