эжектор ; струйный насос; выталкиватель ; выбрасыватель ; отражатель [воен.]
- PERHAPS foreshadowing a few desperate reactions this morning life-jacket, parachute and ejector seat specialist Wardle Storeys rose 12 to 376p.
- To make the comparison fair, we should have to assume that built into each typist's chair is a gun, wired up so that if he makes a mistake he is summarily shot, his place being taken by a reserve typist (squeamish readers may prefer to imagine a spring-loaded ejector seat gently catapulting miscreant typists out of the line, but the gun gives a more realistic picture of natural selection).
- The EF-111 uses a General Dynamics ejector system that blows the entire cockpit away from the airframe.
- They could be more lightly dressed than those using a conventional ejector seat, who have to wear more safety equipment.
- "You use the ejector when there is no alternative; when you reckon there is no way of controlling your aircraft and you know you are going to crash."
- The pilot was saved by his ejector seat and by smashing through a greenhouse full of tomato plants.
- Winner Centre Ejector To avoid the necessity of using a drift to eject the revolving centre from a tailstock, fit a bush of hardwood or metal between the body of the tailstock and the back of the revolving centre.
- On these occasions I would be awakened at night by a gurgling sucking noise reminiscent of a saliva ejector of gargantuan size.