- Divers worked around the fjord and we did absolutely nothing, and said almost less.
- The hydrofoil entered the harbour, revealing the characteristic wooden docks, with brightly-painted buildings sticking out the fjord on spidery sticks.
- But this "lough" turned out be an arm of the sea itself, an Irish fjord at Leenane.
- We were travelling along the Lofoten Wall, an apt description for the mountains protecting this huge sea fjord.
- The town of Isafjrdur is on the far side of the fjord, a long way from the town, and reached by a bus ride past the first fish-drying frame you will see in this part of the island.
- Riborg showed her a photograph album, with herself by a fjord in a miniscule bikini.
- Tirpitz lies at the bottom of the local fjord, and every year the local diving club goes down to it on New Year's Day to retrieve a handful of bits guaranteed to fuel the old fires for another year.
- He tells me that a girlfriend of his was fishing, with her mother, from a rowing boat in the fjord near Troms one day.
- I stay local for a night, then climb the ridge above the far side of the fjord, making for Hestfjordur and a view of the big glacier.
- I sit near the fjord's edge and wonder whether to continue south towards Latrabjarg or whether to return north towards Drangajkull.
- I decided to go for a walk westward along the side of the fjord.
- The plane flew up the fjord, which seemed so narrow that the mountains were on both wing tips at the same time.
- Below, fishing boats and floating buses ploughed the fjord and seas.