метательное копье; дротик ; соревнования по метанию копья
- TESSA Sanderson edged into tonight's women's javelin final after the toughest fight of her life.
- Before they could reach him, however, he was borne aloft like a javelin and carried to the quayside a few yards away where he was dumped unceremoniously into the murky waters to a great cheer from those who were close enough to witness the event.
- The rest of the Macleans' costume was made up of weapons - dirk and sword, spear and tall Lochaber axe, javelin and bow, and even a couple of new-fangled handguns.
- TESSA SANDERSON kissed the javelin goodbye yesterday - after throwing one final jibe at arch rival Fatima Whitbread.
- I did quite well at school in the sports area, and for ages and ages I had the school record for the under-14's javelin.
- Great Britain's javelin star needed two throws before making sure of qualifying for tonight's final.
- For example, I really liked the Jowett Javelin but by then they'd already pretty much disappeared.
- Lee Sedgwick's party piece involves self-launching a quad-line "Revolution" javelin fashion, snatching the lines into tension and flying a routine largely through sheer manpower, then concluding in the reverse of the opening by catching the kite from a stall!
- Fatima Whitbread gained victory in the javelin, and the tears of Edinburgh were turned into laughter and bum-wiggling for the television cameras.
- Four years after her accident Dawn took up the javelin, shot and discus.
- Short Brothers has won two orders worth 40 million for its Javelin close-air defence weapon system from the Ministry of Defence and an unnamed country.
- After a few laps of the track we could kick a ball about or even have a go at throwing a javelin.