жокей ; обманщик ; плут ; менестрель ;
- For the successful jockey, Dean McKeown, it was some compensation for the dismal performance of 2,000 Guineas hope Message Pad on Friday.
- Lord Howard de Walden, a former Senior Steward of the Jockey Club, whose wife owns Spritsail, joked afterwards: "The price was wrong at Ascot."
- The stewards accepted the explanations of trainer and jockey but ordered Forest Tiger to be routine tested.
- "Maybe you ought to find yourself a younger jockey."
- He retired as first jockey to Stan Mellor in 1977, after eight seasons in the top 10.
- "Jockey to blame."
- SUNDAY: Michael Kinane, Ireland's champion jockey, wins the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at Longchamp on the British-trained 19-1 outsider, Carroll House, a day after partnering The Caretaker to victory in the Cartier Million, Europe's most valuable race.
- As a jockey, he broke everything - skull, neck, vertebrae, feet, kneecaps, collar bones - bar his legs.
- Aspects of special interest, including the Jockey Club Rooms, can be incorporated in custom made tours.
- Gordon Richards, champion jockey twenty-six times between 1925 and 1952, surpassed Fred Archer's annual record of 246 winners set in 1885 with 259 in 1933 and then 269 in 1947.
- In December 1954 he was ridden for the first time by the reigning champion jockey Dick Francis: after the race Francis told Cazalet that he would like to ride Devon Loch one day in the Grand National
- Party Politics, known as an equine giant in racing circles because of his massive size, was cruising when he took it up four fences from home, and winning jockey Carl Llewellyn later admitted that his chief concern at that stage had been striking the front too early.
- Piggott had replaced McHargue, then sitting out a suspension, on Commanche Run in the Gordon Stakes at Goodwood, which he won by a very wide margin; and though the stable jockey was back on board for the colt's victory in the March Stakes on the same course, his preparation race for the St Leger, Commanche Run's owner Ivan Allan, claiming "There's only one St Leger and only one Lester," insisted that his close friend Piggott replace McHargue for the Classic.
LMBomber - программа для запоминания иностранных слов