- He had not yet, even, been able to make out how, if at all, Marcus's sudden Judaic piety connected with his original "quest".
- He prized too highly the Judaic emphasis of the wholeness of man's nature - oneness - his enjoyment of the gift of sexuality; and he criticised - at least e silencio - the false views that dichotomised and castrated man.
- Finally, and to return to the first century AD, although Christianity inherited much from its Judaic roots, it did not embrace the need for circumcision.
- Monotheism, for Empson, is the arch-villain of human history and the prime source of intolerance, and it is a villain of irrepressible energy: first the Judaic revival, then the foundation of Christianity, then Islam.
- Thus, between 1744 and 1767, Hermann Samuel Reimarus, a professor at Hamburg, had argued that Jesus was nothing more than a failed Judaic revolutionary whose body was removed from its tomb by his disciples.
- He was the specifically Judaic equivalent of the sacred priest-king.
- The last dynasty of legitimate Judaic monarchs had been all but extinguished.
- Beamish had formed the provocatively titled Judaic Publishing Company, which was renamed the Britons Publishing Company in August 1922.
- Here was the Acropolis, which had dominated the city since the second millennium BC, and older than Judaic Jerusalem (King David's city) by 500 years; the Agora, the civic centre, formerly situated between the Acropolis and the main gate to the city; both being crowned by the remains of the Parthenon, that geometric and architectural treasure widely copied - from Birmingham, England, to Nashville, Tennessee.
- He repudiated his first wife and married a recognised Judaic princess, thereby seeking at least a form of legal sanction.
- This not only brought it into harmony with the existing regime, but also enabled it to further dissociate itself from its Judaic origins.
- Throughout the nineteenth century there were faint waves of Adventism, deriving from the Judaic roots at the heart of the Christian faith.
- They fear the assembly will in effect be Christian, and derpive Jewish pupils of knowledge about Judaic faith, practices, history and ethics.
LMBomber - программа для запоминания иностранных слов