- The Villa boss faced "Judas" taunts when he returned to Hillsborough at the start of last season because of his walk-out 18 months ago.
- Minutes before Dr Kohl arrived at the Palace of Culture, the brass band on the Christmas market opposite played to the waiting crowd: "See the conquering hero comes," from Handel's Judas Maccabaeus.
- The story ends with the arrival of Judas.
- One of the craft was in a mighty hurry when he set Judas for Jesus at John vi.67, as happened in 1609; and so was his descendant in 1653 when, at Corinthians vi.9, he pronounced that "the unrighteous shall inherit the kingdom of God", which must have been a great comfort to a considerable number of citizens under the Commonwealth.
- His attention was drawn to a red circle which had been drawn in the Business Section with the name JUDAS scrawled in large block capitals.
- John goes further and not only calls Judas a thief but also says that he was chosen by God to perform this evil deed.
- If Mark's Gospel is read first, then Matthew's, Luke's and even John's, then a pattern of development as to the motive of Judas in betraying Jesus is clearly shown.
- In the New Testament we read of the insurrection under Judas and Theudas (Acts 5:36, 37), and a further revolt under an unidentified Egyptian (Acts 21:38).
- The story of Judas is an excellent example of how traditions developed in the period of the early Church.
- He reappeared with his shotgun just at the moment Judas was handing over his master.
- JUDAS PRIEST: A Touch Of Evil
- Luke and John : Both Luke and John claim that the Devil entered into Judas.
- Paul McGuinness (U2), Roger Forrester (Eric Clapton), Roger Davies (Tina Turner), Bill Curbishley (The Who, Judas priest) or myself don't concoct ways of conning our acts.