- I'm not interested in diets that say "lose 10 lbs (4.5 kg) in 10 days".
- Have you ever said, "I think I was meant to be big" or "I only have to look at a cream cake and I gain 2 lbs (0.9kg)" or "I can't diet"?
- For those who have never seen or handled one of the Miller Dictionaries, it is perhaps worth mentioning that the eighth edition (1768) weighs 17 lbs (c.8kg), contains 333 folio sheets and measures 430 90 mm (666 sides of text).
- It weighs only 2 lbs 10oz and is available by mail order.
- The rock is received at the factory in rough hewn, cylindrical shaped blocks, each weighing about 100 lbs.
- He no doubt approved of Lord Petre's great roller for the park, usually drawn by two horses on account of its weight of 11,750 lbs.
- A bowling ball, and yes you guessed it, we can provide you with a house ball at the appropriate weight of (8-;16 lbs) for your size, absolutely free.
- Male Singapuras weigh, on average, only 6 lbs, and the females a mere 4 lbs.
- Feeling better but where has the 5 lbs gone from?
- A few freaks have been discovered from time to time, one amazing animal tipping the scales at no less than 43 lbs and a dwarf specimen at as little as 3 lbs, but these were abnormal.
- A typical moggie is intermediate between these two extremes, with a tom weighing in at about 10 lbs and a queen at 8 lbs.
- The LBS report was uncompromising; it showed that even with full trains, there was little or no money at the bottom end of the market, whereas with first-class and full-dining trains, there was considerable profit potential.